L Ballard & Company
Side passage, Italianate
Designated at National level
1985 Shelbyville West National Register District
Designated at Local level : Shelbyville Historic District
Potentially eligible as a contributing resource
This is a 2-story, 3-bay commercial building in the Italianate style built in the period 1890-1899. The structural system is masonry. The foundation is stone. Exterior walls are original brick. The building has a low hip roof clad in replacement asphalt shingles with box cornice and dentil moulding. Windows are replacement, 1/1 double-hung sashes. Windows are characterized by brick segmented jack arches. There is a single-story, wrap-around open porch characterized by a hip roof clad in asphalt shingles with rectangular brick posts.
Description generated by RuskinARC™.