Frank L. & Matty Myron House
Davis and Hodson
T-plan, vernacular, Romanesque Revival.
The building features a Romanesque Revival style entryway and arched lintels over the windows. Other than these subtle details the building is largely a vernacular design.
Not currently designated at national, state, or local level
This is a 1-story, 5-bay school in the vernacular style with Romanesque Revival influences built in 1903. The structural system is masonry. The foundation is stone. Exterior walls are replacement brick and replacement brick. The building has a high hip roof clad in replacement asphalt shingles and one gabled dormer. This building features a front gabled entryway, but the side and rear roof sections are hipped. There is one brick chimney that protrudes through the roof at the rear of the building. Windows are replacement aluminum, 2/2 double-hung sashes. The front entryway includes a small porch area. Since this school was converted to a residence, it now features a wood deck off to the east side of the building. The primary entryway is located in the center of the façade.
* Date source: Hamilton County GIS
Description generated by RuskinARC™.