Annie Wiggins Guest House
Hunkins was contractor for Illinois Central RR from 1838-1840; Lead mining and smelting - 1842-1845; Constructed Spring and Meeker St. bridges in 1847-48; President and superintendent of Galena and Southern RR in 1875. Large addition built approx 1857.
First owner - Darius Hunkins, who arrived in Galena in 1838
Designated at National level : Galena Historic District
Potentially eligible as a contributing resource
This is a 2-story domestic building in the Greek Revival style built ca. 1846. The foundation is limestone. Exterior walls are brick. The building has a side-gable roof. Windows are original wood 6/6 double- or single-hung, round arch, with molding. The porch is original or historic, Full-height entry; Wood materials; Front-gable roof; Classical supports. Doors are original or historic wood paneled with transom, sidelights, pilasters.
Description generated by RuskinARC™.