Originally, the structure on 124 11th street was the garage to the Harry Tuttle residence that once occupied 1059 Collins Ave. The residence was demolished in 1959 and replaced by a two-story apartment building of 14 efficiencies. However, the garage on 11th street remained and has undergone several additions and alterations. In 1948, Alexander Lewis added an outside fire escape as well as steel and concrete stairs to the structure. In 1951, concrete stairs was added to the second floor balcony and in 1954, there was an addition of a porch.