Biagi, Chance, Cummins
Two-part commercial block, 19th Century Commercial, Italianate
Designated at National level
1985 Commercial District Addition
Designated at Local level : Shelbyville Historic District
Potentially eligible as a contributing resource
This is a 2-story, multiple-bay commercial building in the 19th Century Commercial style with Italianate influences built in 1871. The building is square in plan. The structural system is masonry. The foundation is stone. Exterior walls are original brick. The building has a flat roof clad in replacement rubberized/asphalt composite with elaborated cornice and modillions. The original cornice elements are removed from part of the building facing Main Street. Windows are original wood, 2/2 double-hung sashes. The windows are capped by decorative hoods with inset fleur-de-lice patterns. The corner-entry doorway has been altered to include modern aluminum elements. There is an addition. Two-story, brick, side addition along 6th Street.
* Date source: The New History of Shelby County, 2003
Description generated by RuskinARC™.