Shelby County Courthouse Annex
Two-part commercial block, Art Deco
Designated at Local level : Shelbyville Historic District
Community Planning and Development
Potentially eligible as a contributing resource
This is a 2-story, multiple-bay commercial building in the Art Deco style built in the period 1920-1929. The building is irregular in plan. The structural system is frame. The foundation is poured concrete. Exterior walls are original brick veneer. The building has a flat roof clad in modern composite with flush eaves and stone caps. There is one brick chimney flue on the east elevation, rear. Windows are replacement steel fixed. The main doorway is modern, aluminum within an original glass block surround.
Description generated by RuskinARC™.