Two-part commercial block, Italianate.
The building is characterized by the four semi-circle arch topped windows on the second story facade, stone window sills, and capped keys on each window lintel.
Designated at National level
1978 Commercial District
Designated at Local level : Shelbyville Historic District
Potentially eligible as a contributing resource
This is a 2.5-story, 3-bay commercial building in the Italianate style built in 1909. The building is rectangular in plan. The structural system is masonry. The foundation is stone. Exterior walls are original brick. The building has a flat roof clad in replacement rubberized/asphalt composite with projecting cornice and modillions. Windows are replacement wood, 1/1 double-hung sashes. The building has a wide storefront bay with fixed display windows flanking a central entryway. The storefront bay is flanked by single-entry doors with transoms.
* Date source: multiple sources
Description generated by RuskinARC™.