Two-part commercial block, Gothic/Neo-Gothic.
The building is characterized by a false gothic-style pediment with exaggerated modillions over three second story windows with round vents inset below semi-circular brick arches.
Designated at National level
1978 Commercial District
Designated at Local level : Shelbyville Historic District
Potentially eligible as a contributing resource
This is a 2-story, multiple-bay commercial building in the Gothic/Neo-Gothic style built in the period 1900-1909. The building is rectangular in plan. The structural system is masonry. The foundation is undetermined. Exterior walls are original brick. The second-story brick are set in a basket-weave pattern. The ground floor materials are modern replacements. The building has a flat roof clad in replacement modern composite with projecting cornice. Windows are replacement wood, 1/1 double-hung sashes. The storefront is inset with a single-entry door flanked by modern display windows over a replacement brick bulkhead.
Description generated by RuskinARC™.