Office of the Commonwealth Attorney
Two-part commercial block, Italianate.
The building is characterized by the series of arched entry and hooded windows in rhythmic pattern, the patterned ground floor stone work, and the bracketed cornice.
Designated at National level
1978 Commercial District
Designated at Local level : Shelbyville Historic District
Community Planning and Development
Potentially eligible as a contributing resource
This is a 2-story, multiple-bay commercial building in the Italianate style built in the period 1890-1899. The building is rectangular in plan. The structural system is masonry. The foundation is continuous brick. Exterior walls are original decorative stonework and original brick. The building has a flat roof clad in modern rubberized/asphalt composite. The deep cornice line has decorative wooden modillions and brackets in regular patterns across both street elevations. There are three side right, brick chimneys. Windows are replacement aluminum, 1/1 double-hung sashes. The primary entry is deeply inset within the center bay and is flanked by large arched display windows.
Description generated by RuskinARC™.