Dunlap and Company
Federal, 20th Century Commercial
The Post Office was built between June 1927 and February 1928. The construction engineer was F.E. Hayes, Sr., and the contractor was Dunlap and Company.
Designated at National level
1985 Seventh Street District
Designated at Local level : Shelbyville Historic District
Potentially eligible as a contributing resource
This is a 2-story, 7-bay post office in the Federal style with 20th Century Commercial influences built in 1928. The building is rectangular in plan. The structural system is masonry. The foundation is continuous brick. Exterior walls are original brick. The building has a flat roof clad in modern rubberized/asphalt composite. The cornice is a distinctive patterned stone. Windows are replacement wood, 12/12 double-hung sashes.
* Date source: National Register Nomination
Description generated by RuskinARC™.