Center gable, Italianate, Greek Revival
Designated at National level
1985 Shelbyville West National Register District
Designated at Local level : Shelbyville Historic District
Potentially eligible as a contributing resource
This is a 2-story, 3-bay commercial building in the Italianate style with Greek Revival influences built in 1872. The building is rectangular in plan. The structural system is masonry. The foundation is stone. Exterior walls are original brick. The building has a multi-plane cross gable roof clad in replacement asphalt shingles with box cornice and modillions. There are two side left, parged brick chimneys. Windows are historic wood, 2/2 double-hung sashes. The windows are topped by segmented jack arches under elaborated hoods. There is a single-story, wrap-around open porch characterized by a hip roof clad in asphalt shingles with round wood posts on brick piers.
* Date source: Local History Publication
Description generated by RuskinARC™.