Harper and Butendorff
Colonial revival, Colonial Revival
404 N East Ave is a contributing building within the Frank Lloyd Wright-Prairie School of Architecture Historic District. It was designed by Robert Seyfarth and built by Harper and Butendorff in 1914 for original owner Walter E. Dwight. Copies of the original blueprints are on file at Village Hall.
Walter E. Dwight
Designated at National level
Frank Lloyd Wright-Prairie School of Architecture Historic District
Designated at Local level : Frank Lloyd Wright-Prairie School of Architecture Historic District
This is a 2-story single-family residence in the Colonial Revival style built in 1914. The structural system is masonry. The foundation is poured concrete. Exterior walls are original brick and original stucco. The building has a hip roof clad in original slate. There is one rear, exterior, brick chimney. Windows are original wood, 12/1 double-hung sashes. Also multi-paned replacement wood casement windows on sun porch. There is a single-story, single-bay platform/stoop characterized by a gabled roof clad in artificial slate shingles with classical wood posts. There is a two-story, rear, brick and stucco addition.
* Date source: Village of Oak Park building permit archives.
Description generated by RuskinARC™.